Apply for the 2018 Teen Exhibition!
How Do You Create a Portrait of a City?
We encourage you to think experimentally and critically about the nature of portraiture and welcome submissions in any medium - drawing, painting, sound, photography, animation, film, sculpture, installations, and digital art. We want it all!
Here are some questions from the Teen Board to help get you started:
- Is a city defined by its buildings and architecture, or by the people who live there?
- What are the layers to New Orleans' history?
- Do you see yourself reflected in the city, and where? If not, why?
- What is the relationship between artists and the city?
- Who is our city for?
- Our culture is infinite and crosses every border. How, then, do we define it?
- Submission must include a high resolution, well lit photograph of your artwork
- Dimensions must be listed in inches (width x height)
- Submission must include your name, grade, school, email address and phone number
- Please include the medium (for ex., oil on canvas)
- You must be a highschool student
* You may submit up to three pieces.
Education and Public Programming support is provided by Nancy Aronson and Virginia Besthoff, City of New Orleans | Edward Wisner Donation, The Hearst Foundations, The Helis Foundation, and the J. Edgar Monroe Foundation.