Created by the Contemporary Arts Center in 1980, this annual rite of fall has become one of the hottest events of the year for art lovers in and around New Orleans.
CAC Art for Arts’ Sake | DOWNTOWN 2018 celebrates three artist collaborations in Southern Crossings: CAC Artist Residencies, with special member benefits and art experiences.
6-9 pm at the CAC Art & Membership Experience
• Free Admission | Cash Bar
• "Constructing the Break" Closing Reception
- Raw Fruit (Performance) - multidisciplinary work in development led by KM Dance Project Artistic Director, Kesha McKey and Associate Director Catherine Caldwell.
- Breaking the Thermometer to Hide the Fever (Performance) - multidisciplinary performance inspired by Radio Haiti-Inter, Haiti's first privately owned Kreyol- speaking radio station; developed by Haitian-American musician Leyla McCalla and director Kiyoko McCrae.
- Vessels (Performance) - a seven-woman harmonic meditation on the transcendental possibilities of song during the Middle Passage; co-conceived and shaped by Rebecca Mwase and Ron Ragin.
• early seating for Saturday, October 6 Southern Crossings performances