Assistant Director of Rentals and Hospitality Services
The Contemporary Arts Center (CAC) seeks a permanent, full-time, benefits-eligible Assistant Director of Rentals and Hospitality Services, reporting to the deputy director, located at 900 Camp Street, New Orleans, LA. The CAC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants without regard to ethnicity, gender, age or sexual orientation. Interested candidates should complete an application by April 2, 2018.
The Assistant Director of Rentals and Hospitality Services’ main objective is to generate income from events and conference rentals of the 100,000 ft2 facility in order to support the CAC’s mission-based activities. The Assistant Director of Rentals and Hospitality Services plays a crucial role in the CAC achieving annual revenue goals.
The ideal candidate will display a passion for the events industry and have a strong track record in sales with a solid background in event delivery and logistics. They will be proactive, hard-working and able to work under their own initiative. With a strong commercial mind, they must be able to identify opportunities for revenue growth and then strategically plan to deliver on these opportunities.
In this multifaceted role (involving sales strategy, financial planning and forecasting, marketing and communications, and operational delivery) the successful candidate will need to demonstrate excellent communication and customer service skills and display a high level of organizational and project management ability.
- To achieve sales targets and expand the business, this position will respond to sales enquiries and process facility rentals; proactively sell the venue to new clients; proactively manage the accounts of existing clients to grow revenue; and actively seek and support marketing opportunities for the venue.
- To create and manage a sales team, this position will supervise enquiry handling process to ensure an effective conversion rate; develop individuals to create a working sales team; and monitor the team’s performance.
- To ensure consistently high standards and successful event coordination/delivery, this position will supervise event planning and delivery with overall responsibility; work closely with the catering providers over client catering requirements to ensure consistently high standards; collaborate with other departments and operational staff to ensure a high quality of event delivery for CAC bar and hospitality services; and liaise with the facilities team to ensure that all rooms are serviced and set up ready to the client’s specification.
- Related management and analysis of information, this position will analyze sales activity to inform business decisions; provide regular financial reports to senior management team; contribute to budgeting process; manage client contracts and paperwork; oversee the invoicing process to ensure that payments are properly processed; input and keep up-to-date the database of clients and prospective clients to maintain a reliable database; monitor and regularly review competitors to ensure that the CAC remains competitive as a conference and events venue.
- Related to corporate development, this position will understand and support the vision, mission and aims of the CAC; maintain awareness of your own and others’ Health and Safety and compliance with the CAC’s health and safety policies; and undertaking other duties as may be reasonably requested within the responsibilities of the post.
Reports to Deputy Director
Supervises full-time Rentals and Hospitality Manager
Supervises contract-hire event production crew
Supervises contract-hire security and cleaning labor
Supervises contract-hire bar and food service labor
- Experience in sales and/or event management essential
- Excellent telephone manner and customer service skills essential
- Excellent administration and organizational skills essential
- Strong relationship building skills essential
- Thorough working knowledge of Google Calendar and Microsoft Office (particularly Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) desirable
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent desirable
- Enthusiastic, proactive and uses initiative
- Absolute attention to detail is essential
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to work in a changing and flexible organization
- Willingness and ability to work evenings and weekends is essential
How to apply:
Interested candidates should complete an application form by April 2, 2018 (which can be found here), attaching a resume and cover letter outlining their interest and qualifications with salary requirements. The CAC may keep the position open should a suitable candidate not be found in that time. For questions, contact Samuel Oliver, senior manager of executive affairs firstname.lastname@example.org.