Do you want to work alongside professional artists this summer?
The summer 2014 Teen Leadership pilot program will bring 15 to 20 students from ninth to twelfth grades into the CAC for two weeks of daily, hands-on instruction and experience in the arts.
Each morning, the teens will create and develop original arts-management projects under the guidance of local arts-education specialist Kaycee Filson. In the afternoon, they will assist teaching artists in the CAC Summer Arts Camp or work alongside arts management professionals in the marketing, development, education, and curatorial departments at the CAC and other local arts institutions.
In addition to receiving real-world job training, participants will learn how to present themselves in a professional setting, become fully invested in the culture of New Orleans, and learn how to serve as leaders in their own schools, neighborhoods, and communities.
Eligibility: Students entering grades 9 – 12
Deadline for Applications: June 16, 2014
- Learn the ins-and-outs of the Contemporary Arts Center
- Gain experience producing events and working with children at the CAC summer camp
- Meet and collaborate with other talented and motivated students from around the city
- Interact with professional artists and curators
- Gain real life experience in marketing, budgeting, graphic design, and curation
- Receive service hours and a great experience for your resume and college application