Literally Speaking is a series of events that promotes the growth of literary arts in New Orleans by spotlighting and supporting contemporary writers.
In collaboration with PhotoNOLA, authors of photography publications including Russell Lord, William Greiner, Sally Gall, and Tammy Mercure will discuss their own work as well as the publication process of photography books from concept to print. A multi-artist book signing will follow.
Moderator: John Lawrence, Director of Museum Programming, The Historic New Orleans Collection
Artists at Book Signing:
- Jane Fulton Alt, The Burn (2013)
- Jacques Garnier and Clayton Spada (The Legacy Project Collaborative), The Great Picture: Making the World’s Largest Photograph (2011)
- William Greiner, Show and Tell (2013)
- Russell Lord, Gordon Parks: The Making of an Argument (2013), The Forward for Burtysky Water (2013), and The Forward for Inventing Reality (2013)
- Louviere & Vanessa, Oblivion Atlas—in Collaboration with Writer Michael Zell (2013)
- Deborah Luster, Tooth for an Eye (2011)
- Tammy Mercure, Twelve Nashville Waffle Houses and Some Long Hotels
- Jared Ragland, Aggregates
- Josephine Sacabo, The Nocturnes (2012)
- Mary Virginia Swanson, Publish Your Photography Book
- Christopher Porche West, New Orleans What Can't Be Lost (2010)
- Multiple Artists, Inventing Reality: New Orleans Visionary Photography (2013)