The CAC is Thrilled to Serve as the Official Hub of the 30th Annual New Orleans Film Festival!
October 16-23, 2019
New Orleans shines ever brighter as an epicenter of culture and creativity during the annual New Orleans Film Festival, with 500+ filmmakers from every corner of the world in attendance at 230+ films. The festival champions new film in New Orleans and engages 30,000+ attendees with visionary films, directors, and other film lovers. The festival is also known for its eclectic parties, virtual reality exhibitions, and filmmaker networking events.
Check out the full festival lineup which will take place from October 16th through October 23rd in venues across the city; screenings at the CAC will begin October 17th. Stay tuned for announcements from New Orleans Film Society about Opening Night, Spotlight Films, panels, parties, and special guests in the weeks to come.
CAC Members Get the Red Carpet Treatment at Film Fest!
Exclusive Screening: Doc Shorts: Conversations with History
Saturday, October 19, 8:45 pm
Tubi Theater (CAC Black Box Theater)
CAC Members receive complimentary admission to the screening of Doc Shorts: Conversations with History on Saturday, October 19. The screening will include eight documentary shorts and will take place at 8:45 pm at the Tubi Theater (the CAC Blackbox Theater). CAC Members have received a special promo code via email to use at checkout to receive their complimentary tickets. If you are a member and did not receive a code, contact us at email@example.com. The deadline to RSVP is 5 pm on Wednesday, October 16 -- register here!
Exclusive Free Admission: IT'S LIT Hip Hop and Bounce Party
Saturday, October 19, 10 pm
Kingsley House Gymnasium
New Orleans Film Festival will celebrate the premiere of Burning Cane in epic NOLA fashion at their IT'S LIT party this Saturday! CAC Members receive complimentary admission to this old-school hip hop and bounce party featuring some of our city's best talent, including O.G. Blake Owens and Denisia and anchored by DJ Red Stylez with MC B-Nice and a special appearance by BJ So Cole! Admission is free for CAC members via check-in at the door.
Meg Turner: Here and Now Exhibition Sneak Peek at Film Fest
This Saturday, October 19 from 3 - 5 pm, the CAC will host a sneak peek of Meg Turner: Here and Now ahead of the exhibition's opening next month! This special preview is free and open to the public, and will be led by none other than artist Meg Turner herself! To take part, come to the CAC front desk prior to the preview at 3 pm.
Meg Turner: Here and Now documents a self-selected community who have elected to participate in Turner’s photographic project to advance and approach utopia, through more than 100 tintype portraits. Learn more about the exhibition, here.
CAC and NOVAC Team Up at Film Fest!
While you're at Film Fest make sure to stop by the CAC Lounge at the Film Fest HUB located inside the CAC Warehouse, October 17-23 from 1 to 9 pm! Learn about our exciting visual and performing arts programming coming this fall and take part in meet ups with filmmakers from New Orleans Video Access Center (NOVAC), whose films are showing at the festival. Attendees should enter through the St. Joseph Street entrance to the CAC Warehouse.
CAC and NOVAC Events Schedule
Saturday, October 19
- 10 am - All Ya'll Coffee (Revelator Cafe) - A convening of current and prospective members of the All Ya'll Southern Documentary Collective. Coffee and pastries will be provided!
- 11 am - 3 pm: Cinema Reset, Block 1: Journeys - CAC Executive Director George Scheer moderates panel discussions during cinema resets in the Microcinema Theater
- 2 - 3 pm: NOVAC Filmmaker Reception (CAC Lounge) - Chat with EASY DOES IT filmmakers Will Addison and Ben Metheny after the premiere of their film at the Orpheum Theater
- 3 - 5 pm: Meg Turner: Here and Now Exhibition Sneak Peek (CAC Atrium) - Artist Meg Turner will lead a special sneak preview of her exhibition Meg Turner: Here and Now, opening at the CAC next month!
- 5:30 - 6:30 pm: NOVAC Filmmaker Reception (CAC Lounge): Filmmakers John Ritchie, Angela Tucker, and Ben Donnellon discuss justice and politics in film prior to their screenings in Louisiana Shorts: Sweet Home New Orleans.
- 8:45 - 10 pm: Doc Shorts: Conversations with History - CAC Members receive exclusive complimentary admission to this screening in the Tubi Theater (CAC Blackbox Theater). Members have received a code via email to use at checkout. If you haven't received a code, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 10 pm - 2 am: IT'S LIT Party at Kingsley House - CAC Members receive complimentary admission to Film Fest's old-school hip hop and bounce party featuring some of our city's best talent! Members enter free at the door after checking in, or by showing their CAC membership card.
Sunday, October 20
- 6 - 7 pm: NOVAC Filmmaker Reception (CAC Lounge): Join NOVAC for "Storm Warning: Climate and Culture," a discussion with Emerson Boutte and Brent Joseph.