Apply for the 2018 Teen Exhibition!
How Do You Create a Portrait of a City?
We encourage you to think experimentally and critically about the nature of portraiture and welcome submissions in any medium - drawing, painting, sound, photography, animation, film, sculpture, installation, and digital art.
We want it all!
Here are some questions from the Teen Board to help get you started:
- Is a city defined by its buildings and architecture, or by the people who live there?
- What are the layers to New Orleans' history?
- Do you see yourself reflected in the city, and where? If not, why?
- What is the relationship between artists and the city?
- Who is our city for?
- Our culture is infinite and crosses every border. How, then, do we define it?
The 2018 Teen Exhibition will open on April 14, 2018.