In partnership with the CAC's Summer Arts Camp, Teen Arts Interns spend their mornings engaged in intensive arts workshops and leadership training sessions, learning the basics of what it means to be a professional teaching artist.
In the afternoons, interns put what they've learned into practice while working with the younger campers and assisting teaching artists in the fields of Music, Dance, Theater, Culinary Arts, or Visual Arts.
Teen Arts Internship | July 11th – August 5th, 2016 | 9am–3pm, Monday–Friday
*Application Deadline May 23, 2016
As a Teen Arts Intern at the Contemporary Arts Center, you will:
• Gain experience producing events and working with children in the CAC’s Summer Arts Camp
• Meet and collaborate with other talented high-school students from around the city
• Meet and work with professional, local artists
• Complete arts intensive workshops and explore your own artistic practices
• Take field trips to local art galleries and museums
• Receive service hours and a great experience for your resume and college applications
Presented by the CAC Teen Board (TEENS@CAC). Internships are free to apply and unpaid.
• High school students or recent graduates (entering 9th grade or just graduated 12th grade)
• Must have transportation to the CAC each day
• Must be able to complete at least two full weeks of the internship (preference will be given to those that can complete all four weeks)