- Public Programs
- Cafe & Books
- Facility Rental
The Contemporary Arts Center, New Orleans (CAC) seeks a permanent full-time benefits eligible Institutional Giving Manager, reporting to the Associate Director of Development.
The Development Department is responsible for managing the contributed revenue of the CAC through public and private grants, corporate sponsorships, individual donations, and the CAC's membership and special event programs.
Serve as primary grant writer for CAC, working collaboratively to research, develop, and submit grant proposals—including narrative, budget, and supplementary materials—that articulate a clear case for support of CAC;
Manage pre-award and post-award institutional giving efforts, including grant tracking, compliance, acknowledgment, and reporting;
• Reports to the Associate Director of Development
• Works closely with the Individual Giving Manager
• Bachelor's degree is required.
• Three or more years of experience in nonprofit development, arts administration, or writing-related field;
• Significant experience and demonstrated success in writing grants, including national foundation and federal grants—a writing sample will be required of finalists;
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
• Impeccable editing and proofreading skills;
• Strong organizational and time management skills with close attention to detail and commitment to meeting deadlines;
• Robust research and prospecting skills;
• Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge, Altru, or knowledge of donor database management;
• Ability to work both independently without close oversight, and actively as a collaborator who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside of the organization;
• Ability to build long-term relationships with funders;
• High energy and passion for the CAC’s mission is essential.
Priority consideration will be given to applications received on or before Monday, June 26, 2017, 5 pm CDT. However, the position will remain open until a suitable pool of qualified applications is received. Interested candidates are asked to please send electronically a resume and cover letter outlining their interest and qualifications with salary requirements to email@example.com.
Please put the title of the position: “Institutional Giving Manager” in the subject heading of your electronic submission. Applications will not be considered until all of the above information is received. No phone inquiries regarding this position will be accepted.
The CAC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants without regard to ethnicity, gender, age, or sexual orientation.